Do you master the Chinese language? Do you have a flexible and hands-on attitude? And are you eager to learn? Then you might be the new Administrative Assistant Rail & Road Transport we are looking for.
The company stands for Borderless Logistics. They are growing every year and a Transport & Project team has been set up to further realize this growth ambition. To strengthen this team, we are looking for a colleague who becomes the link with the parent company in China. It is therefore crucial that you master the Chinese language and also understand the culture. Besides that, you will provide administrative and operational support to the team with logistics projects and requests.
You will work in a small team so that you can discuss quickly with each other and take action. The team is varied, both young talents and experienced colleagues. In this position you have the opportunity to develop yourself and to take more and more responsibility.
What are you going to do?
- Registration of current requests and quotes;
- Follow-up of ongoing shipments;
- Administrative handling of shipments;
- Keeping customers informed of status, progress and updates;
- Create and schedule orders in our TMS (Transport Management System);
- Send orders to our carriers;
- Communicator with the parent company and other contacts in China;
- Building a network with our Chinese colleagues;
- Think proactively and see opportunities.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Chinese language, culture and traditions;
- You have completed at least an intermediate vocational education;
- Experience in the logistics sector is an advantage;
- You are accurate and administratively skilled;
- You are flexible, a team player and not afraid to pick up the phone;
- You have written and oral communication skills in Chinese and English. Basic communication skills in Dutch are also required;
- You have the ambition to grow within our organization.